Eat Science Art Sweet

ShareThis

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fluffy Pancake Lovin'

Follow Me on Pinterest
   Fluffy Pancake Lovin'
Pin 3

Oh, I love pancakes!  Sadly, I have never been able to make a good one...until now.  I have made it my mission to overcome my pancake failures.  Yesterday I participated in the annual Marine Corps sponsored Run Amuck, a "3.5 mile course through grueling obstacles, steep hills and deep mud pits".   Yep, it was an amazing experience!  I awoke with renewed resolve this morning.  
PANCAKES...my next mission!  Oorah!!! (Just a little left over from yesterday)
My version is adapted from one posted by Kris @ allrecipes.com.

Ingredients: 
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbsp butter melted

Blueberry Bonus:
I added a little blueberry goodness, because blueberries make pancakes happy.
3/4 c frozen blueberries
1/4 c sugar 

Directions:

  1. Combine milk and vinegar, set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
  3. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. 
  4. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and mix.
  5. Heat a griddle (I think of it as heavy artillery) 230-300 degrees.
  6. Pour batter onto hot griddle until they are your desired size (add frozen blueberries if your feeling frisky) and cook until they start to bubble, flip and cook until lightly browned.

Blueberry Bonus:

Add 3/4 c frozen blueberries and 1/4 c sugar to saucepan and heat on high until boiling, stir constantly.  Reduce heat and simmer five minutes, stirrrrrrr, stirrrrr, stirrrr.







The only challenge you will find here is - how to share!  Yummo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment